    Subjectppp/slip load balancing?
    I was just wondering, has anyone else noticed that while they ftp on a
    ppp or slip modem link, that everything else slows down to a crawl
    and the ftp gets all the bandwidth? (especially character-based
    connections like irc and telnet, but http also suffers big time)

    Shouldn't there be some sort of balancing scheme that allocates bandwidth
    equally as programs need it?

    Like right now, my IRC lag is like 40 seconds, and ftp is using all my
    available bandwidth, and telnet is absolutly unbearable.

    I noticed this under 2.0.x, as well as 2.1.95.

    ---
    Mike Perry
    Maintainer of www.linuxos.org and subpages.

    >>> You have been kicked off #WindowsNT by PDC (banned: 5 year ban)

    Ahhhhhhhh what a relief.

    ---

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.019 / U:29.776 seconds]