SubjectRe: 2.1.93..
Hi,

> Could someone please enlighten me as to why the default probe order is
> now the reverse of the BIOS probe order? Is this incompatibility for
> the sake of it? ;-)

The BIOS probe order is different from machine to machine or even from BIOS
release to BIOS release. The new PCI subsystem now always sorts the devices by
bus/device/function lexicographically, so you get the same order not depending
on whether you use the BIOS or not. The latest PCI patch I've sent to the list
adds an option to reverse the order to be compatible with 2.0.X.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"It said, "Insert disk #3," but only two will fit!"