SubjectRE: OFFTOPIC: Linus for Man of the Century
Date
> > The DALnet #Linux has started a movement to get Linus Torvalds
> voted as Man of
> > the Century. Their idea is to get a massive number of votes for
> Linus, which
> > would at least get the attention of Linux if nothign else.
> They estimate that
> > they need about 1 million votes to pull it off.

No offense to Linus, but there are far more important people this century.

I mean think of all the inventions which have revolutionized the way we do
things this century. Sometimes, people scare me. A century is 100 years
long, but I swear.. people only concentrate on the last 10 years. Sort of
like that entire OJ thing... heard it was pronounced the "Event of the
Century".... which would mean it surpased putting a men in space and the
invention of the transistor.

I can think of a few people this century who have changed our world:

Pablo Picasso
Sigmund Freud
Buzz Aldran
Henry Ford
Albert Einstein
John Lennon
Yogi Berra
Al Capone
Mother Teresa
Helen Keller
John F Kennedy
Groucho Marx
Marylyn Manroe
Elvis Presley

Linus is too young a person to hold such an honor... most of his years will
be in the 21st century... maybe he'll become the man of the century... well,
next century :)

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson : http://jordy.wserv.com