SubjectRe: patch for 2.1.92 net/socket.c et al
David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:48:18 -0700
> From: Bill Hawes <whawes@transmeta.com>
>
> The attached patch to fixes a few problems in net/socket.c and
> related code.
>
> Nice work Bill, patch applied.

Hi David,

Thanks, glad to help out.

Another tcp problem I spotted recently in tcp_do_sendmsg() concerns the
calculation of mss_now.
It's being set before entering the loop over the iovec components, but if the
allocation of an skb has to wait for memory, the socket lock will be dropped
and the value of mss_now might change. It's not likely, but could happen ...

I was thinking of fixing this by putting mss_now in the af_tcp structure and
keeping it in sync whenever one of its dependencies change -- does this seem
like a reasonable approach?

Will you be syncing your network changes soon? I'd rather hold off further
changes until you get your latest code posted.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.045 / U:0.664 seconds]