    SubjectRe: 2.1.95: freezes persist

    On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Adam J. Richter wrote:
    > When I boot 2.1.95, my system runs for about five minutes
    > and then locks up cold. It is not pingable, and there is absolutely
    > no response to anything I try to do from the keyboard. It is completely
    > frozen, just like in 2.1.93 and 2.1.94.

    Ok, that does indicate that your problems are different from other peoples
    problems, as I've got several positive reports now from people for whom
    previous kernels failed.

    Is there anything special you have running, like a deamon or something
    that wakes up every five minutes to try to play a CD or whatever (the SCSI
    ioctl path is known to be probably broken, for example, in that it doesn't
    do the proper locking).

    Can you also send the exact machine configuration (you probably did
    earlier, I'm not seeing it right now).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.019 / U:192.984 seconds]