    SubjectRe: Sporadious hang on 2.0.3[0,1,2,3,4pre2]
    I, too, have been having hard locks with 2.0.33 and 2.0.32, but I
    assumed they were hardware-related, because the hardware reset button
    fails to reset the computer if the hard lock has occured (it works
    fine if there's no lock though :) The odd thing is that the locks
    often happen when the computer is not online, as I only dial up
    occasionally. I've had it lock in the middle of the night when
    there was no disk access, and while I am using it, when there's

    I'll try downgrading to 2.0.29 to see if the hangs go away.

    The only weird things about my hardware (I think :) are that I'm using
    an Iwill motherboard with an old-style AMD K6 (the kind that has
    problems with compiling with more than 32M ram, although I only have
    32M in the box..) and that the motherboard has an adaptec scsi
    adapter built in, using the aic7xxx driver..

    Brought to you by the letters U and O and the number 9.
    "Mom! Dad! Don't touch it, it's evil!" *POOF* -- Time Bandits
    Ben Gertzfield <> Finger me for my public
    PGP key. I'm on FurryMUCK as Che, and EFNet and YiffNet IRC as Che_Fox.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.040 / U:0.320 seconds]