SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
Marek Habersack wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Itai Nahshon wrote:
>
> > Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > If you, or others, have "busted their secret codes", it makes no
> > > difference. You will not be able to use this hard-won knowledge except
> > > for your personal entertainment.
> > >
> > Why not? If someone has broken that code go ahead and write
> > a GhostScript driver for it. It will only make HP happier
> > and MicroSoft are not in a position to do anything about it.
> Think about what you're saying. It will lead that guy to court - and he'll
> rather not win a lawsuit against M$... Copyrights and patents are not fun.

This got totally off topic..

I'd love to see Micro$oft going to court on such subject.

Will M$ have to say that this causes them loses? This is
the same as admitting that Linux is better!

We were discussing a third party (HP) hardware. Will M$ have
to disclose their secreet agreement with hardware manufacturers?
Can Microsoft make any legal claims witout disclosing such
agreements?

No.. I do not believe they will want to make a lawsuit.
They have too much legal problems as it is.

BTW. The specs of the HP 720 and 820 series printers were
already on the web (they were yesterday on
<http://www.rpi.edu/~normat/technical/ppa/index.html>).
Copy these pages quickly before that site is bought by M$!

Itai
--
Itai Nahshon nahshon@actcom.co.il
Also nahshon@vnet.ibm.com