    SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

    > > > Would you like to see boot messages?
    > > No. I won't buy shitty cards designed for Windows 98. Just the same as I won't
    > > buy a GUI printer or WinModem. You will? They you'll be sorry.
    > Then you won't have a PC fairly soon. Nobody needs text mode, people are
    > starting to emulate it by default and Linux has a fine frame buffer console
    > without KGI/GGI getting much involved. If you want to support Japanese on
    > the console I suspect it will also be somewhat useful (text mode is a bit
    > small in fonts).

    I've seen linux text-mode emulation on ultra-sparcs. There are not
    many machines faster than ultra. It is *slow* compared to my 486 with
    VGA. Even if you turn of hw scrolling on VGA it starts to be too
    slow... I still think that text mode is good idea...

    PS: I did measurements between arj.exe from dos and unarj for
    linux. arj.exe is handwritten assembly, unarj is gcc. Unarj was
    *FASTER*. Why? dos is not able to hw-scroll so arj.exe was slowed down
    on its output...

    I'm really Pavel
    Look at ;-).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:50.732 seconds]