    SubjectRe: Why Greased TCPpenguin?

    On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

    > Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:50:08 -0800 (PST)
    > I usually use lynx to go and look up stuff on the web all the time,
    > and from sites, I get these checksum errors. My transfer rates
    > drop to about 70> bps and the checksum errors fill up my logs.

    I have this problem too, but it happens all the time. I'm connected
    using a modem/ppp and I'm using linux 2.1.91pre1. According to
    ifconfig, I get a few recieve errors (about the same amount as I get
    with 2.0.33), but I get ALOT of transmit errors and many of the errors
    result in dropped packets. I've checked the kernel-messages and I find
    nothing strange (except for that callout device cua0 is deprecated).

    Is ppp partially proken in 2.1.90/91pre1?

    > Note I said "sniff those specific connections", please always give
    > some filtering options to tcpdump such as "host foo and port 80",
    > lately a lot of people have send me tcpdumps full of "other noise"
    > such as ARP requests etc. which make the logs more difficult to study.

    If this is 'new' ppp-behaviour I can send some tcpdumps (I dont want to
    flood you with tcpdumps if you are already working on it).

    // Jorgen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.021 / U:63.168 seconds]