    SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

    Andrej> Alan Cox wrote:
    >> Its just these funny intel boxes that need moving to some kind of
    >> fbcon/kgi combo. fbcon does all the framebuffer, kgi has the
    >> loadable pc style drivers and some work on acceleration that is
    >> going to go somewhere good whatever shape it ends up in. The
    >> combination of the lot once figured will be real nice for everyone

    Andrej> Can best parts of KGI and fbcon be merged? How much work would
    Andrej> that propose to both sides?

    Yes and I do not even think it will be too hard to do.

    The KGI guys have a lot of nice drivers for various PC chipsets, we
    have the glue code to bind it to the console and let it work with both
    VGA-style text consoles and framebuffer consoles which are needed on
    some architectures. fbcon[1] may need some changes, but the concept is
    quite flexible and I belive we can be made to work in a way that will
    suit all of us.

    Jes

    [1]: abscon in fact, fbcon is the framebuffer console code whereas
    abscon stands for abstract console.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:1.540 seconds]