SubjectRe: proclaimed kernel networking bug
Gerhard Mack wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Jakob Borg wrote:
>
> > Hi... Found this file lying around claiming to exploit an IP overlapping
> > fragment bug found in "all linux kernels". ;) Said to be able to kill
> > Linux kernels... Is this something known? It seems far to serious not to
> > be known and/or fixed. Sorry to bother if that's the case.
> >
> > See attached code.
>
> It's an old file stick with the latest 2.0.x series and you will be fine.
> I've seen it used on my system a number of times :)
>
> Win 95 users are still screwed though, I have yet to see a working patch
> from MS that fixes it.

MS hasn't fixed a thing. They just made a workaround for the teardrop
(no bugs fixed). Now there's a new version of teardrop, that avoids the
workaround that MS did (a workaround for the workaround:)... It's their
way of fixing things: don't fix the wheel, just make sure it doesn't
fall off right now.

> Tells ya who is the best doesn't it? :)

It tells ya who's not also:)

Andrej