    SubjectQ: Gathering I/O stats per device and NFS stats
    Date
    	I'm in the process of reverse enginerring the hp-ux glanceplus program and
    am running into some problems with tracking down some statistics that are
    available at least from the hp-ux kernel.
    What i'm looking to gather in some way are the following:
    Disk I/O requests per device: ie: total read requests for sda1, sda2,
    hda1, etc.
    Disk transfers per device
    NFS read/write requests
    NFS transfers

    Also, its trivial enough to figure out things such as %cpu time spent in
    User mode, and number
    of interrupts/cswitches, etc over that period of time, however is their
    anyway to calculate from
    this the %cpu time spent doing cswitches, servicing interrupts, syscalls,
    etc, like you apparently
    can do with hp-ux?

    I've looked all over /proc and couldnt find a way and i've done some
    source searching
    but to no evail. Is there anyway that i can obtain at least some of these?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:33.220 seconds]