SubjectRe: WEIRD ext2fs dir size BUG?
Followup to:  <>
By author: (Alan Cox)
In newsgroup:
> > Certainly, there may be cases of spewage causing really huge directories,
> > and if steps have been made to prevent that happening again it would be
> > useful to wind them back to a more reasonable size.
> I have to do this sometimes for inn (granted inn should use squid like
> directory trees..). When the issue was pointed out to Stephen Tweedie he
> sensibly replied that it was beyond the design parameters of ext2fs to
> have a 5Mbyte directory

Perhaps so. Personally, though, I have to say I really dislike this
kind of built-in limitaton of the system.

PGP: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74
See for web page and full PGP public key
I am Bahá'í -- ask me about it or see
"To love another person is to see the face of God." -- Les Misérables