SubjectRe: New Feature Idea: Configurable text(msgs)
On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, daniel.c.sikorski.1 wrote:
[deletia]
> as long as the customizeable error message was accompanied by a message
> saying what the error actually was, it would be fine, but i can see myself
> getting pissed off because i changed all my error messages, and can't
> figure out what the problem actually is.

How about having a short code which is *not* configurable. That way you
have a chance to remember that OUTOFSWAP means swap is exhausted
even though the configurable text has been changed to "You can't get past
the snake". The codes may be in English (or Esperanto if that's what
everybody wants) but the text can be localizable if there's an acceptable
way to do it.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
One more time: a (level-2) switch is a bridge. A "level-3 switch" is