SubjectRe: TCP stalls in 2.0.33 and 2.1.x
   Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:53:38 +1100
From: Richard Gooch <rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU>

Nope, the ftp client is running on machine B (2.1.90), which has an
EtherNet connection to machine A (2.1.86), which is the local
router (via SLIP) to a CISCO terminal server, which is on the
departmental LAN. Trust me: I know what keyboard I'm using :-)

The trace still makes no sense then. The connection was completed
correctly by both machines, and the SunOS FTP server did not send one
packet containing data.

Sniff the wire at the SunOS box, someone else is dropping packets. I
bet the SLIP line is hosed, the MTU is incorrect, and the SunOS FTP
server is sending data packets larger than the MTU of the SLIP end,
and the CISCO router is dropping things. Doing tcpdump at the Linux
host, in this case, only gives half the story.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.056 / U:0.728 seconds]