SubjectRe: [ADMINISTRIVIA] Re: SPAM on linux-kernel
Date
In linux-kernel,  Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> wrote:
>closeing the list ? adding a second ML for posters ?
>please do not.
>
>but if you realy want to do something :
>for all first time posters : set their artikel on hold,
>send them a message explaining what linux-kernel is, what questions are
>welcome and what not, and a authentication key, which can be returned to
>say "yes, please post".
>a similiar thing is done for subscribtion ony many mailing lists.

And same thing for subscription, that way joe-irritating-luser won't
be subscribed to the list by joe-obnoxius-luser because former
irritated latter. (Cf. Emery Dennis <emdennis@ix.netcom.com>, who
was clueful enough to filter out the unwanted lists, but not clueful
enough to bounce the messages instead of replying to the list. Barf.)

Of course, addresses subscribed with above confirmation would not
be asked for confirmation the first time they post.

Basically, one confirmation is requested the first time an address
interacts with the list.

This is done by the listserver for the spam-l list (at least for
subscribing), as well as many others. It seems to me that a
high-volume list just can't do without such a system.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.087 / U:0.368 seconds]