SubjectSPAM: suggestion for listowner
We should add for all the lists under linux-* a cookie method for
adding subscribers.

A cookie method for subscribing would look like this:
FutureSubscriber: subscribe linux-list <email@addr.net>
ListMailer to email@addr.net: Reply to this message and you'll be subscribed
FutureSubscriber: replies...
user is added.

This prevents people from subscribing via a fake account (this doesn't
prevent temporary fake accounts from subscribing, tho).

Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with Majordomo, but I image that it
*must* have a method for doing this. The only pointers I have are for
PROCMAIL list servers (like smartlist).

Another thing to help is that only subscribers should be allowed to
post (this is usefull also for posts like: I don't subscribe so email
me here...., which are usually questions outside the topic of the list
(usually)).

Ciao!
-=Doc
--
AMAZING BUT TRUE
If all the salmon caught in Canada in one year were laid end to end

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.053 / U:1.004 seconds]