    SubjectSPAM on linux-kernel (was Re: Forwarded mail....)
    On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, BlueFlux wrote:

    > Im sorry to bring this to everyones attention, but i think we have someone
    > or something on this list giving out unsolicited emails, my question is if

    I've noticed a particular SPAM email has been routed through linux-kernel
    at least 6 to 8 times now.

    > Sorry for asking about this but im getting realy pissed at getting these
    > emails each time i seem to post to the list. If im wrong please tell me so
    > but im pretty sure they come from someone on this list.

    No doubt, it's really pissing me off too. I've gone after every relay
    involved so far, though it's probably fruitless because they're different
    each time. It appears the true source of the messages is UUNet, which
    means it'll never get dealt with from the outside. If the list is not
    already closed to subscribers, closing it might help. Failing that, maybe
    we need a filter that checks each message for an overabundance of the words
    "marketing" and "bulk email sofware" ;)

    What comments do the list owners have?

    B. James Phillippe <>
    Linux Software Engineer, WGT Inc.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:30.068 seconds]