SubjectRe: SPAM on linux-kernel (was Re: Forwarded mail....)
Date

> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, BlueFlux wrote:
>
> > Im sorry to bring this to everyones attention, but i think we have someone
> > or something on this list giving out unsolicited emails, my question is if
> <snip>
>
> I've noticed a particular SPAM email has been routed through linux-kernel
> at least 6 to 8 times now.
>
> > Sorry for asking about this but im getting realy pissed at getting these
> > emails each time i seem to post to the list. If im wrong please tell me so
> > but im pretty sure they come from someone on this list.
>
> No doubt, it's really pissing me off too. I've gone after every relay
> involved so far, though it's probably fruitless because they're different
> each time. It appears the true source of the messages is UUNet, which
> means it'll never get dealt with from the outside. If the list is not
> already closed to subscribers, closing it might help. Failing that, maybe
> we need a filter that checks each message for an overabundance of the words
> "marketing" and "bulk email sofware" ;)
>
> What comments do the list owners have?

Actually, this message is sent via a compuserve subscriber in LA. They run
this "Bulls Eye" from their home, and have an answering machine answer calls.
I called the number in the message and let them know that I did not appreciate
them sending me UCE, and that they were particularly henious because they also
SPAMmed mailing lists.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington Linux rules all OSes. APSoft ()
email: perry@apsoft.com Think Blue. /\