    SubjectRe: Thread+network crashes in 2.0/2.1

    >> flakey under load and the eepro cards seem much better. It's too
    >> bad, I liked the tulip cards when they came out, but they haven't
    >> stood up as time has passed. Intel wins again. Sigh. Actually,
    >> only half a sigh, Intel builds pretty nice stuff.

    Alan> Not what most networking people think. Remember the immortal
    Alan> quote "Life is too short to debug intel parts". I think the
    Alan> EEPro is the first intel ethernet card which weighs more than
    Alan> its errata. All the intel cards go very fast, when they go.

    Yes, getting the eepro100's going seems to be a big problem.

    We have quite a few of them here, and not once with the PCI NIC's have
    I heard of anyone here having them going at full blast in full-duplex
    mode. The only case where I have heard of them going full blast was a
    test using a the eepro on the motherboard of one of the new p2 LX

    All these test were done through a switch, we tried different switches
    without any serioues change in performance, tried forcing full-duplex
    mode, auto-negotiation ... etc. etc. and even under NT the performance
    stinks as well.

    If anybody has any clue to get these things running at a reasonable
    speed in full-duplex mode I will be very interested hear about it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:6.492 seconds]