SubjectRe: lpr problems in 2.0->2.1?
chip@atlantic.net writes:

> It's almost as if the lp driver is returning after partial writes when
> it never used to, and the lprng daemon isn't prepared for it, so it's
> writing the same data over and over. Did the lp device change in any
> such way beteen 2.0.33 and 2.1.85?

Yes. It has changed quite a bit - and you can now share the parallell
port (you can print and use yuor zip drive at the same time).

For me, that has made the printer _really_ slow - the data is
transferred in chunks, so the printer pauses for quite some time a
few times for every page, while the same setup prints continually (and
rather fast) in 2.0.33. Trying to set polling with tunelp doesn't work
either - and I haven't found any pointers to more info in the sources
or in Documentation/ either.

(ECP, Deskjet 600 BTW)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød