    Date writes:

    > It's almost as if the lp driver is returning after partial writes when
    > it never used to, and the lprng daemon isn't prepared for it, so it's
    > writing the same data over and over. Did the lp device change in any
    > such way beteen 2.0.33 and 2.1.85?

    Yes. It has changed quite a bit - and you can now share the parallell
    port (you can print and use yuor zip drive at the same time).

    For me, that has made the printer _really_ slow - the data is
    transferred in chunks, so the printer pauses for quite some time a
    few times for every page, while the same setup prints continually (and
    rather fast) in 2.0.33. Trying to set polling with tunelp doesn't work
    either - and I haven't found any pointers to more info in the sources
    or in Documentation/ either.

    (ECP, Deskjet 600 BTW)

    Trond Eivind Glomsrød **

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:7.052 seconds]