SubjectRe: updated patch for 2.1.89-3 lock owners

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Perhaps someone familiar with the threads implementation has a better suggestion
> for a field in the task structure that (1) will always be the same among all
> threads, and (2) remains fixed for the life of the threads.

It really should be the "files" pointer, and I think we'd better just
change the order so that the files pointer is still accessible at close
time when the lock is removed. The fs pointer is _not_ guaranteed to be
the same across threads - there may be threads that share the same files
but not the same fs pointer.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans