SubjectRe: /proc/patches...
Date
I think the easiest thing to do is:

In the 'include' directory, create a header file called 'xunil_patches.h'.
It would contain an array like such:

char *xunil_installed_patches[] = { NULL };

Then, when you create a new patch, you add a line to it, so it's like:

char *xunil_installed_patches[] = {
"2.0 Penguin Logo Patch",
NULL };

When you wanted to list/query/etc patches, you'd just have a simple chunk
of code:

int i;

for (i=0; xunil_installed_patches[i]; i++) {
}

Then, when you create a new patch, the diff of the source tree will automatically
pick up your change to patches.h and add it to the diff.

Does this sound like the essence of what your are saying, Kalle?

--Perry

> Evening fellas,
>
> Just thought I'd share my idea about this very nice thingie called
> /proc/patches =)
> Wouldn't it be better to make patch (the program) create this list?
>
> Kalle Andersson
> kalle.andersson@mbox303.swipnet.se
>
> ps, Thanks for the pleasant reading from this mailling list =)
>

> -

Perry Harrington Linux rules all OSes. APSoft ()
email: perry@apsoft.com Think Blue. /\