    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
    At 3:20 PM +0000 2/26/98, Jason McMullan wrote:
    > Hmmm... Not a bad idea. I didn't intend to muck with the
    >TTY line discipline, but this _does_ have some posibilities,
    >such as:
    > * (PC) Treat the keyboard/PS2 ports as `funny' serial ports.
    > * (Mac) ADB simply becomes a collection of serial ports

    No, please don't do that. ADB is a bit more complex than a simple serial
    port. Please leave the default ADB keyboard and mouse input mechanisms
    unchanged, or extend the driver in a way that will work with just one mouse
    and one keyboard as it does now. Without requiring EvStack, that is.

    > * All TTY lines can hook into an EvStack, with
    > the input characters filtered through a
    > (global/per-device/per-tty/whatever) translation
    > filter (ie keymap) that outputs Unicode keypresses.

    Well, I suppose I'll have the 'serial keyboards' send the standard key
    event codes and use the normal keymap. The keyboard driver should still
    keep track of
    the key states, right?

    Michael