SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
At 3:20 PM +0000 2/26/98, Jason McMullan wrote:
> Hmmm... Not a bad idea. I didn't intend to muck with the
>TTY line discipline, but this _does_ have some posibilities,
>such as:
> * (PC) Treat the keyboard/PS2 ports as `funny' serial ports.
> * (Mac) ADB simply becomes a collection of serial ports

No, please don't do that. ADB is a bit more complex than a simple serial
port. Please leave the default ADB keyboard and mouse input mechanisms
unchanged, or extend the driver in a way that will work with just one mouse
and one keyboard as it does now. Without requiring EvStack, that is.

> * All TTY lines can hook into an EvStack, with
> the input characters filtered through a
> (global/per-device/per-tty/whatever) translation
> filter (ie keymap) that outputs Unicode keypresses.

Well, I suppose I'll have the 'serial keyboards' send the standard key
event codes and use the normal keymap. The keyboard driver should still
keep track of
the key states, right?

Michael

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.281 / U:0.920 seconds]