    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source

    > > As I told you in private mail, implementing direct rendering requires
    > > a set of features to be available from your hardware before you can do
    > > it.
    > I dont believe it does any more. Having had a few ideas for evil mm hacks

    To support direct rendering you need applications to:

    1. Have access to the hardware acceleration registers.
    2. Provide context switching (which the quoted video card
    3. Implement the kernel communication channel.

    (2) and (3) are trivial with the proper hardware. How do you deal
    with having your regular application get access to the io ports of the
    video hardware without granting root?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.125 / U:176.648 seconds]