SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source

Nathan> On 24 Feb, Jes Degn Soerensen wrote: <snip>
>> Well we had Geert try it out as an alternative to fbdev and it was
>> not very promising. This of course does not say that GGI hasn't
>> become a lot better (I belive it has) but I still need some good
>> arguments to convince me that GGI will actually do what we need at
>> a reasonable speed.

Nathan> I lurk on the GGI mailing list, and Geert was involved in the
Nathan> discussions there for a while. Have you spoken with him
Nathan> recently about GGI? If fbcon/fbdev seriously outperforms GGI,
Nathan> I'd think the GGI people would be right on it, and I suspect
Nathan> Geert would be helping them...

We do talk about it every now and then - I am not in favor of putting
GGI into the m68k kernels in its current state, but I do not try to
tell Geert what he should do and what he should not (in fact I do not
like to discuss his work like this when I know he is away).

If somebody in the m68k camp decides to run with GGI and help develop
it and they can show it to be a better solution than what we have now,
yes then I will consider it, but not before that.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.464 / U:0.064 seconds]