SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
> > Dont forget about when X and SVGALib apps crash at a really bad time and
> > take the console with them and you need to push the reset button and loose
> > everything you've been working on...
> > Please remember that not everyone has an direct network link where they
> > can telnet in and kill the offending program.
> Semi offtopic, but:
> "SysRq: unRaw saK Boot Off Sync Unmount showPc showTasks showMem "
> "loglevel0-8 tErm kIll killalL "
> So in 2.1 or 2.2 with magic sysrq enabled, you'd just hit alt-sysrq-s,
> alt-sysrq-u, alt-sysrq-b and presto, no fsck. Also alt-sysrq-r, then running
> DOSemu then alt-sysrq-k has been pretty successful resetting the card to
> 80x25 for me.

hmm well .... it doesn't look like a clean solution to me ... plus how
will I run dosemu on my alpha ... of course I can scratch my ear with a
10 foot pole using a radio controlled servo motors ... but I prefer to
do it with my hand ...

SysRq is not for normal users ... it's actually quite dangerous for
normal users ... I can't see how I could "push" linux when something
like this would happen ... and stuf flike this DOES happen exactly at
the time you are showing off how linux can not freeze up .. and how
simple it is to use

George