    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
    On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > 1) It is step back: we used to have loadable keymaps. With ggi, kernel
    > contains files such as keyboard_english.c. Even if it is not run-time
    > bloat, it is source bloat.

    Fixed by EvStack. It's being worked on already. We have to fix it to be
    able to handle multiple keyboards connected to the same machine.

    > 2) It touches things it should not touch. It replaces big parts of
    > drivers/char. I know that keyboard etc. are somehow related to
    > graphics, but you really do not want to _replace_ low level
    > drivers. This way, ggi being config option would mean having drivers
    > twice.

    Yes, well, I am not _the_ kernel hacker of GGI, but I have had it
    explained to me that it was necessary to be able to send keycodes etc to
    the right head/window/app/whatever. I will forward to those responsible.

    -Stefan

    | Stefan Mars |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
    | Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology |
    | S-584 36 Linkoping | |
    | Sweden |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
    | Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at |
    | http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html |
    \--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:0.316 seconds]