SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
At 2:15 PM +0100 2/23/98, Jes Degn Soerensen wrote:
>Oleg> I'm not a big fan of kernel graphics subsystem, but the kernel
>Oleg> must know what to do when i have two pci video cards and two
>Oleg> keyboards.
>
>Anyway, the kernel already knows how to deal with multiple video
>boards (as it is now with fbdev), you can assign arbitrary ttys to
>arbitrary consoles. You just need a way to assign keyboards in a
>similar fashion, but I don't really see that as being a graphics
>issue.

Yep, and I think it won't take too much work in the keyboard driver to
extend the tty <-> framebuffer binding to the keyboards. I'd try to do
it via fg_console[fbidx] and binding a keyboard to a specific framebuffer.
Does that sound simple and minimal intrusive enough?

Mac68k and PPC are the ideal machines to play these games (though 7 keyboards
would probably leave you without mice there). Time for ADB device address
resolution ...

Michael