SubjectRe: Problems with the new "smp-calibration" routines
Date
> I have an Asus P65UP5 motherboard with a C-P55T2D pentium-CPU-card
> and two P166MMX Intel CPU's. The CPU's are overclocked, they run at 200MHz
> For the last 6 month (using 2.0.x, 2.1.5x) I have no problems, the machine
> runs very stable ! But I notice something strange: One CPU seems to be slower
> than the other, because of different bogomips. Here my /proc/cpuinfo

You've just been lucky. You should of course note any computation you did
in the last 6 months is quite possibly going to contain errors and if
you've done something like contributed to the DES cracking project you
should notify the admin to remove all blocks tested from your site.

Overclocking CPU's on an SMP box is extremely dodgy, there is really almost
no room for tolerance on the bus clocking.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:2.885 / U:1.568 seconds]