SubjectRe: DHCPD v1.3 needs testing (fwd)
> Consortium DHCP client and dhcpcd (and bootpd, for that metter) do it.
> You were not out of compliance with the standard, other than that you
> shouldn't have been answering or sending ARPs for

What about - all hosts and the like

> So it wasn't you who decided to deprecate the use of for
> bootstrapping? I was under the impression that this was your
> decision. I'm sorry if I've been directing my angst at the wrong
> person... :')

Talk to Alexey Kuznetsov - this occured as a side effect of him changing
the code to support "IPless" interfaces - in 2.0.x every network interface
has to support IP, which is a slightly sad and dumb feature that 2.1.x. fixed

I did get the BPF filters put in however 8)