    SubjectRe: The Ultra Sound Driver
    Chris Wedgwood wrote:
    > I hope so.
    >
    > I thought isapnp was best left to user-space (I'm not ever sure luse95
    > activate the devices as part of the kernel).
    >
    > What (aside from most modern sound cards) really requires isapnp support in
    > the kernel? Won't most IDE & SCSI thingies be initialized sufficiently by
    > the bios?
    >
    > And if it really is required - can is it possible to mark it __initfunc() ?
    >
    > -Chris

    I just got an ISDN card, I could not find one which is not PNP.

    The kernel part of the pnp support can be small, but most of it cannot
    be __initfunc().
    Kernel isa pnp support does not just replace isapnp. It should be able
    to interact with device drivers long after boot time.

    Itai
    --
    Itai Nahshon nahshon@actcom.co.il
    Also nahshon@vnet.ibm.com