    SubjectRe: How to read-protect a vm_area?
    > Note that this is an issue only for something that _has_ been accessible
    > and then has turned into PROT_NONE by using mprotect() - because if the
    > pages aren't there at all then the page fault handler will refuse to page
    > them in even when the access is done from kernel space.

    As is done by Texas, Electric Fence ... It potentially stops ElectricFence
    detecting a syscall into an area that has been read/written to after being
    freed, and I think it means anyone wanting to run the texas persistent object
    store needs to go and download OpenBSD.

    How tricky is it to handle - I agree its not a normal issue..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.017 / U:14.000 seconds]