    SubjectRe: 3940UW Driver Locks the Machine

    I donnot have a Jaz device. Based on reports and especially on Richard
    Waltham testings with such a device, it seems to me that the Jaz may in
    certain circumstances reject a TAG (after having been selected).
    The SCSI specs allow that to targets when they are in some initialisation
    process and, AFAIR, the initiator is invited (required?) to perform the
    command as if the command was not TAGGED.
    Implementing such a behaviour is pain in the ass, since several TAGGED
    commands may have been queued to drivers and/or controllers when a TAG
    is so rejected.
    IMO, this would require additionnal complexity in scsi drivers
    in a way that may affect performances and reliability.

    Note that the device may claim to be in some initialisation process
    only after a reset and while it is spinning up.