SubjectRe: scsi mod problem in 2.1.86

No, I don't think it is an AHA151x. But I tried compiling with
-DSKIP_BIOTEST anyway. It made no difference. I also tried switching to
port 0x140 and irq 9, but that didn't help either. I still get the same
message, and modrprobe aha152x refuses to exit.

aha152x: BIOS test: passed, detected 1 controller(s)
aha152x0: vital data: PORTBASE=0x140, IRQ=9, SCSI ID=5,
reconnect=enabled, parity=enabled, synchronous=disabled, delay=100,
extended translation=disabled
aha152x: trying software interrupt, lost.
aha152x: IRQ 9 possibly wrong. Please verify.
scsi1 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 1.7 $
scsi : 1 host.

Here are the specs for the zoom board. If anybody could look at them and
suggest something for me to try, I'd appreciate it.

A brief description...

The Zip Zoom adapter is a high performance SCSI-II interface card that
connects the SCSI Zip drive to a PC. The Zip Zoom provides maximum Zip
drive performance. The Zip Zoom can also be used with most other SCSI
devices. The Zip Zoom adapter uses one external 25 pin connector, there
are no 50 pin connectors. The Zip Zoom is fully Adaptec 1520 and Iomega
PC1600 compatible. The Zip Zoom adapter does not contain a BIOS,
therefore, it can not be used as a bootable adapter with SCSI drives.

Zip Zoom technical specifications...

Computer Bus: ISA (IBM PC/AT Compatible)
Interface Protocol Word and Double WORD PIO data transfer
Device Protocol SCSI-2
Advanced SCSI features Multitasking, Disconnect/Reconnect, Synchronous
and Asynchronous data transfer

Data Transfer: 8 or 16 bit transfer
Host transfer rate 3 Mbytes/sec.
SCSI Transfer rate 2 Mbytes/sec. (Asynchronous)
5Mbytes/sec. (Synchronous)
Form factor: 5.25" x 1.75" (13.3cm x 4.6 cm)
SCSI connector External 25 pin
Port addresses (2) 140h-15Fh or 340h-35Fh
IRQ (4) 9, 10, 11, and 12
SCSI chip set Adaptec AIC-6360

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:

> morristo@hlms145.colorado.edu said:
> > I just installed 2.1.86. I have an internal zip drive with a zoom
> > board that uses the aha15x low level driver. I want to be able to
> > load it as a module, and I am sure I have put the correct parameters
> > in /etc/conf.modules.
>
> Is it an AHA151x board? If so, ISTR you may need to compile the driver module
> with -DSKIP_BIOSTEST
>
> See the notes in drivers/scsi/aha152x.c

Thanks.

Wes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:1.755 / U:0.008 seconds]