    SubjectRe: OFFTOPIC: GTK and alternative GUIs and windowing systems in Linux
    Date
    > Well after the court case we can all be sure. Otherwise, I'm still of the opinion
    > at the least, it would become a large seathing pile of shit should a GPL author
    > try to the reclaim his code, mostly turning out in a mixed result. (Like you can
    > freely use the author code before he made the licence change, but can't
    > modify it further, etc, etc)

    Its not the sort of stuff lawyers generally even bother arguing about. There are
    hundreds of years of direct precedent for this, just not all in software. The only
    thing that becomes horribly complicated is the

    Code released GPL
    Someone modifies it
    Author releases a non GPL version derived from the modified one
    with the modifications apparently rewritten

    the question of original work then gets horrible.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:59.900 seconds]