    SubjectRe: rtlinux and X, possible kernel problems ?
    Date
    > Daniele Lugli first spotted a problem with interupt handling in RT tasks under X
    > and did some digging. The X server is apparently doing global cli/sti's.

    It does. It occasionally has too.

    > The reason I've forwarded this to the kernel list is that my personal experience
    > has been that Linux has always been much more stable not running X.
    > I suspect that this may be causing problems for things other than RT-Linux

    The way its done is ok normally. I guess you need to make X over Linux/RT call the
    rtlinux kernel to handle it. Note X _has_ to do those global cli/sti's to meet hardware
    needs

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:0.456 seconds]