SubjectRe: [Q] Garbage at bottom of console
On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Jon Torrez wrote:

# We run SVGATextMode at school, we have run across this with some of the
# IBM GX50 model monitors, it happens because SVGATextMode is imporperly
# setup. nothing to do with the kernel.

Well, my problem occured when I _wasn't_ running SVGATextMode. I went
ahead and compiled THAT and now all is well.

It IS a kernel issue as I was using nothing but built-in kernel drivers.
In fact, I spoke to someone who had made a patch again 2.1.6x or so which
fixed the problem, but it never made it into the kernel at large.

simple is elegant