    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] GTK and alternative GUIs and windowing systems in Linux
    > The GPL in the kernel hasn't been changed.  That would be a violation of
    > the licencse terms for the GPL document:
    >
    > --- snip ---
    > Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
    > of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
    > --- snap ---

    % cd /usr/src/linux; head COPYING

    NOTE! This copyright does *not* cover user programs that use kernel
    services by normal system calls - this is merely considered normal use
    of the kernel, and does *not* fall under the heading of "derived work".
    Also note that the GPL below is copyrighted by the Free Software
    Foundation, but the instance of code that it refers to (the linux
    kernel) is copyrighted by me and others who actually wrote it.

    Linus Torvalds
    ___
    Trevor Johnson

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.022 / U:1.604 seconds]