SubjectRe: Good news for SPARC/Linux
Larry McVoy writes:
> : > Sun Microsystems to Support Linux O/S on its Hardware,
> : >
> : > Sun has been working quietly with distributors and a select number of
> : > Linux community representatives to port Linux to its UltraSparc processor
> :
> : I don't know what to make of this statement.
> :
> : Richard....
>
> Maybe it would help if you concentrated on "quietly".

DaveM has since pointed out that they are providing support beyond
what the UltraPenguin team have had: hardware, documentation, access
to engineers. So it looks to me that the emphasis (or the point of
interest to the Linux community) is not on "quietly", but rather the
material support they are now providing.

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.036 / U:0.012 seconds]