SubjectRe: Y2k compliance
Hi Michael.

>> Russia implemented the change soon after the Russian Revolution
>> around the time of World War I in this century.

> Er... soon after the October Revolution of November 1917?

I believe that at the time of the revolution, they were still on the
Julian calendar, so the October Revolution actually occurred in
October - I'll take your word on the 1917 as I honestly didn't know
the precice year.

My information is that the change was made during the following
January, with the result that all the ANNIVERSARIES of the October
Revolution have occurred in November...

However, this is getting rather off-topic, so I propose that any
further comments on this subject do not get posted to the list...

Best wishes from Riley.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.071 / U:0.060 seconds]