SubjectRe: UDP bad checksum :)
Hello!

> No. This is from Windows Filesharing. (look in /etc/services).
>
> >More to the point, why is the kernel evaluating these as bad checksums?

Apparently, because they really have bad checksum 8)

> >Is there anyway to recognize these sorts of messages beforehand, so the
> >kernel knows the checksum is invalid/special. I'm not all the familiar
> >with the protocols in question, but it seems to me that this is really an
> >erroneous error message (from the department of redundancy department).

When you see this message, it means:

1. Kernel is buggy.
2. Some problems with your hardware. As rule it is broken motherboard
or ethernet card.
3. Sender is buggy and must be detached from network.
4. A router is buggy and must be replaced.

1 is the most probable for development kernels,
so that these messages are always printed in them.

2 is the most frequent reason. It requires immediate attention.

3&4 can be interesting only if you have enough of
administrative power.

Alexey Kuznetsov

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.259 / U:0.008 seconds]