SubjectError in the COSA/SRP configuration (kernel 2.1.131ac4)
On Sun, December 6 1998, Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net> wrote:
|> On Sat, December 5 1998, Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net> wrote:
|> |If you build a non SMP 2.1.x kernel does it then work
|>
|> Yes.

(I'm following your instructions right now, but here is something about
the config script until I get the results):

When running "make oldconfig", the following question waits for an
interactive reply from the terminal:

COSA/SRP sync serial boards support (CONFIG_COSA) [N/m/?] (NEW) n

I see that its stanza comes from drivers/net/Config.in, line 229 and
onward. I have a Sangoma WAN card in my machine (for an FR line),
which triggered this stanza, but it's not clear to me how to fix it and
it looks like something trivial for those who are versed with these
scripts.

("make oldconfig" is very important for Debian since the kernel
package maker uses it, for now I just run it with "echo n | make-kpkg
...")

I hope to report about the rest of the experiment in a few minutes.

--Amos

--Amos Shapira | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st. | glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805 | by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL amos@gezernet.co.il | -- Anonymous

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.063 / U:0.028 seconds]