SubjectRe: Dead Machine & 2.1.131
Rik van Riel wrote:

> What exactly is xfstt and what is it doing to your machine?

It is a True Type font server for X. I installed it.

> OTOH, if xfstt runs as root and directly accesses I/O ports,
> then there isn't much we can do... (a usermode device driver

It doesn't run as root, it runs from a user account. It uses the inet
interface to do port communication, I believe.

m.

--
"Up above aliens hover making home movies for the folks back home, of all
these weird creatures who lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves