    SubjectRe: disks stats through /proc
    I had fixed up the scsi/ide/4drive limit a while ago, but it was never
    included. It was around the IO-APIC introduction time (i.e. more
    important things were 'broken') and there were rumblings of a code freeze.

    Grab
    http://pebbles.net/~kfrench/linux/blockstatarray-2.1.86.gz
    http://pebbles.net/~kfrench/linux/blockstatdirect-2.1.86.gz

    Each one does the same thing, but does it differently (apply *only* one of
    these, not both). 'array' hold a resizeable array for each device, and
    'direct' creates a large array up-front for performance reasons. I like
    'array' and Mark Lord likes 'direct'. It'll need a little fixing up to
    get it going on 2.1.130, but it shouldn't be a big deal. It's also
    trivial to do this on a partition level - it's just a matter of removing
    the switch() statement which intentionally removes the per-partition parts
    of a device #.

    -kf

    On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

    > IMHO, this should be done on a fine-grained (partition level) rather than
    > coarse (drive) level. There is enough information in
    > ll_rw_blk.c/add_request() to do it now but, of course, kernel_stat
    > structure will have to be seriously modified.
    >
    > There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux
    > development. I.e. the quality is too high and the speed is too high, in
    > other words, I can implement this disk stat feature, but I bet someone else
    > has already done it and is just about to release his patch to Linus soon...

    heh

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.021 / U:8.488 seconds]