    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Re: linux kernel hackers discover new theory of relativity!
    On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Jonas Munsin wrote:

    > No it's not. Your "centrifugal force" is something you invent when you (quite
    > wrongly) treat an accelerating reference frame as an inertial one. I strongly
    > suggest you go look up centripetal and centrifugal force in any first-year
    > university book on physics (University Physics - Benson, page 105 in the
    > revisited edition is one place to start) before continuing this arguement.

    Actually, there is nothing wrong with using a rotating reference frame.
    There are some differences from an inertial one (e.g. the apperance of a
    centrifugal force) but both are valid and workable. Rotating (semi)rigid
    objects can often be treated more easily in a rotating reference frame.

    This is way off topic btw. :)

    Peter
    --
    Peter Svensson ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
    <petersv@psv.nu> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3 07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF