SubjectRe: 2.2.0 Bug summary
In mailinglist.linux.kernel, you wrote:
>Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
>> It's not going to happen for 2.2.0.
>>
>> I haven't been getting timely patches from the ISDN people, and if they
>> can't be bothered to send me patches, I can't be bothered to care.
>>
>> Maybe making a 2.2.0 with non-working ISDN will make somebody wake up, at
>> this point I cannot care less any more. There is NO way the huge ISDN
>> change set will make it into 2.2.0.
>
>Yes, I agree.
>The fscking ISDN User should stay at Kernel 2.0.X or 2.1- oops,sorry to
>old!

Sure. Fsck the poor ISDN User (me) over. If they can't be bothered to
keep it updated then PLEASE leave the old driver in there!
It works for me, and I haven't got any problems with it. Mark it obsolete,
do whatever, but PLEASE leave it in there. I don't care if it's old, but
at this time it works.

>They can also stay where the Sauerkraut grows! Right?

Oooohhh... ISDN is used in whole europe, not just Germany. And can I
help it you don't like sauerkraut?

>Forget the patch from linux@microsoft.sucks.eu.org.

I don't mind if it gets ignored for now, as long as the current support
doesn't get removed.

Bas Vermeulen

--
When I shop for hardware I always look for the "Designed for Windows 95" logo.
I really thank Microsoft(TM) for encouraging manufacturers to label their

I stick to quality software:

Linux 2.2.0-pre1 | IBM OS/2 Warp (TM) v4.0