    SubjectLS120 enhancements

    Here are some patches to the ide-floppy driver to support formatting
    of standard floppies and a (very slightly) modified copy of fdformat.

    The patch also includes a small fix from Gadi to avoid an oops in
    idefloppy_end_request when using DMA.

    Some points
    - The format unit ioctl isn't much use at the moment as it locks
    my machine (presumably) because no ide commands can be issued
    until it is complete - I couldn't get the status reporting during
    format to work. Format track also suffers from this but isn't
    _quite_ as antisocial.

    - (For my LS120 at least) the drives don't appear to want to do
    a low level format of an LS120 - they just ignore the command
    (LS120 disks are pre-formatted anyway)

    - No alternative format densities are supported. My drive reported
    a couple of alternatives but they were all lower than 1.44M so
    there didn't seem to be much point.

    [unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:2.651 / U:0.484 seconds]