SubjectRe: Internationalizing Linux
>>>>> "Helge" == Helge Hafting <helge.hafting@daldata.no> writes:

Helge> [...] It doesn't have to be like that. Consider using one
Helge> file kmsg.h included by anything that needs the message
Helge> #define's Now this file contains two lines only:

Helge> #include <english.h> /* Because English is the development
Helge> language for Linux */ #include <norwegian.h> /* Or whatever you
Helge> may want instead */

Helge> Obviously english.h defines all messages in english, and all
Helge> other languages simply redefines them. A developer would only
Helge> need to update english.h, the other languages could be done by
Helge> language maintainers. An untranslated message would simply
Helge> come out in english - no big deal.

Oh and how to you expect kernel hackers to be able to help debug a
problem when someone posts dmesg output in Chinese to linux-kernel?

We've had this discussion before, about a year ago I think, forget it
once and for all, please.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.172 / U:0.648 seconds]