SubjectRe: IDE freeze for seconds
You made my day, friend. I had a headache and your message made me laugh,
which is a good thing.

Regards,
Tigran

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Alex Buell wrote:
> # > > Spinning down the planet will kill all life.
> # > why would it kill all life?
> #
> # What is the first thing that ceases when you spin down a planet? That's
> # right, gravity. Everything not tied down would just fly out into space,
> # and that includes the atmosphere. Simple.
>
> Uh what? Gravity ain't based upon the rotation on the planet, its a
> constant based on mass.
"constant based on mass", you say? It is kind of like what my wife once
said when I described to her a Universe with entirely different set of laws
of physics - "It's all rubbish - if it looks like Earth, it *IS* Earth!!!",
I still smile recalling it ;)

> What would happen is that we would all be crushed against the planet's
> surface as the balancing forces of gravity and centrifical would no longer
> be in accord.
Ahhh... I see, so that is why nobody dares to go to the North Pole? Not
because it is too cold, but because he would be crushed. And in Equador, so
it seems gold should cost next to nothing and men are never told to go on a diet?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.229 / U:0.036 seconds]